kirstenauthor

Read.Write.Review.Obsess

I am a hopeless romantic who will one day be swept of her feet by a white knight. Until then I will continue to write/read/review about alpha heroes.

Acheron

Acheron - Sherrilyn Kenyon After I had read the reviews for Acheron, it took me a while to read this book. In fact, I had read the previous Dark Hunter books earlier this year, but was afraid of this book. I have read 'The League' series, and the last one 'Born of Silence' was horrifically graphic.

This stuck in my mind because of the awful torture scenes. Sherrilyn Kenyon loves a tortured bad boy. I love em too.. just not that far gone. If you haven't read Born of Silence, I fully recommend it, just not for the faint if heart.

With Acheron, I expected to feel disgusted with the first half of the book. I didn't. I felt sad and overwhelmed at the amount of times poor Acheron got beat, and she didn't hold anything back. A few times I was reading the book so fast, trying to get past a truly horrific scene, whilst my hand was over my mouth in shock.

She left plenty to the imagination ( thank God.. or is that Zeus) but it was readable. I especially liked how Sherrilyn used Ryssa's voice for the first part of the book and of course, explain the whole process of the Dark Hunter's, why they were needed. I finally understood Acheron and Artemis' relationship, and the full extent of his humility, morality and honour.

The second part of the book is Acheron's chance at an HEA.. after everything that had happened I felt that this was perfect. Tori, was perfect. She had brains, beauty, humour, quirkiness and spunk. She stood up to him; she stood by him. She reacted perfectly for a man who had every person betray him. I loved her...

This book was not what I was expecting, it was far better. Thanks Sherrilyn.