kirstenauthor

Read.Write.Review.Obsess

I am a hopeless romantic who will one day be swept of her feet by a white knight. Until then I will continue to write/read/review about alpha heroes.

Making Faces

Making Faces - Amy Harmon I don't think I have highlighted passages of any book as much as this. words used by the author were extraordinary and beautiful.

this book made me cry more than once. its quite unusual for me to cry in a book, but it was very hard not to. I was just glad I was not in a public place!!!!!

this book was about friendship, love, loyalty and grief. it was also funny and endearing, but more importantly it was about seeing the beautiful in every body, both inside and out.

for a romance, I kind of felt that it was a secondary theme. the main themes were grief, friendship and beauty.

an awesome book. recommend to everybody....

“True beauty, the kind that doesn't fade or wash off, takes time. It takes pressure. It takes incredible endurance. It is the slow drip that makes the stalactite, the shaking of the Earth that creates mountains, the constant pounding of the waves that breaks up the rocks and smooths the rough edges. And from the violence, the furor, the raging of the winds, the roaring of the waters, something better emerges, something that would otherwise never exist. “And so we endure. We have faith that there is purpose. We hope for things we can't see. We believe that there are lessons in loss, power in love, and that we have within us the potential for a beauty so magnificent that our bodies can't contain it." - making faces